Operated by local entrepreneurs and a team of Thai and international volunteers, the Koh Tao Tourism Association is legally registered in Suratthani province under list no.1/2564. The Association was enacted on 11 March 2021 amidst the COVID-19 pandemic to combat the problems and complications inflicted on our island economy by the significant decrease in tourism.
Due to the new dynamic of tourism, our local self-growth community (originally fishermen and coconut farmers, but now heavily dependent on tourism) needs to adapt. Alongside the multi-cultural entrepreneurs of our island, the Association exists to develop tourism operations sustainably and meet international standards. The Association works closely with our community and liaises with external tourism agencies, including private and government bodies, to achieve our vision and mission.
The Koh Tao Tourism Association aims to be the center of coordination for all island-based tourist initiatives. Our goal is to make Koh Tao an internationally renowned and popular tourist destination once again. We are committed to the promotion of:
1) To be the center of coordination for the exchange of knowledge and information between Koh Tao tourism businesses and operators in all sectors.
2) To promote the development of tourism businesses on Koh Tao in line with the conservation of our environment and unique island culture.
3) To increase the capacity and scale of tourism on Koh Tao in pace with international tourism development worldwide.
4) To disseminate tourism information and promote Koh Tao to domestic and international travelers.
5) To promote and support businesses and entrepreneurs on Koh Tao to meet and exceed international standards.
6) To create and generate income for the development of Koh Tao tourism in accordance with the vision of the Association.